Medicaid and Apple Health
Within Washington State, Medicaid is known as Apple Health. Washington Apple Health applications are available year round. Visit the Health Plan Finder or call 1-855-923-4633 to enroll.
Eligibility for Apple Health for Children:
- Free or low-cost coverage is available
- Children of public employees with access to health insurance coverage under the PEBB or SEBB programs are not eligible for Apple Health for Kids with premiums
- Low-cost coverage (Apple Health with premiums) is only available to children who are uninsured.
Eligibility for Apple Health for Adults:
- Are age 19 through 64.
- Have annual household income at or below the Medicaid standard (see income chart below).*
- Are a U.S. citizen or meet Medicaid immigration requirements.
- Are not entitled to Medicare.
How to Apply for Medicaid
- Review adult and/or child income eligibility requirements.
- Read the Eligibility Overview to determine if Apple Health is the best fit for you and your family.
- Create an account on Washington Health Plan Finder.
- Collect and enter information into the Washington Health Plan Finder application, WAPlanfinder Mobile App, downloadable paper form, or call the Washington Healthplanfinder Customer Support Center at 1-855-923-4633.
- Review the five different Integrated Health Care Plans that are responsible for Medicaid in Washington, not all of which may be available in your location.
- If you need further help, contact a free Health Plan Navigator.
Navigating through Apple Health
Apple Health (Medicaid) Eligibility Factors – A video dealing with income verification issues
Washington Apple Health for Children in Foster Care – All foster children and youth in Washington are given health care through Coordinated Care
Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) Eligibility – A video on how Apple Health determines income
Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) Eligibility – A video addressing citizenship, immigration, and Medicaid