What are IDDs?
IDDs are differences that are usually present at birth and that uniquely affect the trajectory of the individual’s physical, intellectual, and/or emotional development. Many of these conditions affect multiple body parts or systems.
- Intellectual functioning or intelligence, which include the ability to learn, reason, problem solve, and other skills; and
- Adaptive behavior, which includes everyday social and life skills.
The term “developmental disabilities” is a broader category of often lifelong challenges that can be intellectual, physical, or both.
“IDD” is the term often used to describe situations in which intellectual disability and other disabilities are present.
Clallam County Developmental Disabilities Program
Developmental Disabilities Advisory Committee
- To work to enhance inclusive choices for individuals with developmental disabilities,
- To communicate with and make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners, and
- To achieve full integration, inclusion, equality and acceptance of individuals with developmental disabilities leading to productive participation in the community.