During the Covid-19 Public Health Emergency, Washington State changed some rules about Apple Health (Medicaid). If you or a family member had Medicaid for health insurance, you did not have to renew every year. If you paid a premium for Medicaid health insurance, premium payments stopped during the Public Health Emergency. Some people received temporary health insurance coverage if they qualified for other benefits.
The PHE ended March 31, 2023, and now:
- Beginning April 2023, you must renew your Apple Health/Medicaid insurance
- If you usually paid a premium, premiums are starting up again
- You may need a new eligibility review
If you do not renew, do not complete a required eligibility review or if you do not pay a premium when it is due, you may lose your health insurance coverage for you or your family member.
What to do:
- Update your contact information with your insurance provider so your provider can send you important information about renewal, eligibility reviews and premiums
- Renew your insurance when your provider tells you
- Premiums for certain Apple Health/Medicaid insurance plans are starting again (Apple Health for Kids with premiums/Children’s Health Insurance Program, Apple Health for Workers with Disabilities (HWD). Watch your mail or email for notices or premium bills from your provider
If you are on one of these Apple Health/Medicaid plans, call:
- Amerigroup: 1-800-600-4441
- Community Health Plan of Washington: 1-800-440-1561
- Coordinated Care: 1-877-644-4613
- UnitedHealthcare: 1-877-542-8997
If you usually get notices from WA State Health Care Authority email email@example.com with your name, date of birth, and updated contact information.
If you usually get notices from Washington Healthplanfinder:
- Log in to your Washington Healthplanfinder account at wahealthplanfinder.org
- Call Washington Healthplanfinder at 1-855-923-4633
If you are age 65 and older, have blindness or a disability, get Medicare, and get healthcare coverage through Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS):
- Update contact information at waconnection.org or call 1-877-501-2233 or
- Visit your local Community Service Office